What a BENVENTURE!
From March 4 to March 12, my close friend Phil Mouring and I ventured of on a high-speed, rapid-fire European Vacation escorted by our local Swiss pal Tobias Tresch. The goal was simply to be and to see.
And that we did.
Here are a few of my notes from our travels to prove it.
- Skated in Istanbul Airport with a Beck's brew in hand.
- Played the stump game in a random Swiss bar.
- Ate Little Debbie Swiss Rolls in Switzerland.
- Drove 140 mph on the Autobahn.
- Witnessed the sunrise and sunset over the Swiss Alps.
- Phil accidentally splashed holy water.
- Ate pastries in France.
- Had Sprugel in Germany.
- Made my own Swiss Chocolate.
- Crafted my own Swiss Army knife.
- Toured and tasted a Heineken Brewery.
- Learned how to say Easter Egg in German
- Tobi got in a fender bender
- Street lines are opposite colors.
- Swiss insurance pays for gym members.
- Never wear your shoes inside.
- Red Bull is cheaper than water.
- Rode through world's longest tunnel - 17km,
- Toi Toi = portapotty.
- Ate Italian pizza with local red wine.
- I really like Rachlett and Flamkuchen.
- Scottish dudes suck at ping pong.
- Got super lost snowboarding at LAAX and ended up in a goat pasture.
- Turkish Airlines hands out Turkish delight, and free alcohol.
And of course, the visuals along the way...
An unforgettable trip.
Phil and I can't thank the Tresch family enough for their outrageous hospitality. Your incredible food, beautiful home, and fuzzy cats will be missed.
A special thank you to boss man Tobi for ALL you did for us (planning, driving, getting out a$$e$ out of bed) and taking time off work to adventure to such cool places with us. And ladies, he's single!
Here's a highlight video from the various road trips we embarked on, in chronological order. I also decided to leave the footage as natural as possible and not edit the clips. Unfortunately I lost the footage from Italy, but a piece of my heart will always lie in those "Coors Light sized" mountains.
Cheers to next time Switzerland! I'll be back.